Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3000 Orbi RBR50 General questions before buying

jleecloak1
Apprentice

AC3000 Orbi RBR50 General questions before buying

I had my original Orbi replaced after several months of issues. I contacted support for a replacement RMA and I have to say it's been running smoothly so far. I have still had some issues with Android devices disconnecting but very seldom compared to before. However I just got the latest beta firmware installed early today and it is a definite improvement speed, signal, and connection. 

I said all this to say that. If you are having issues with your Orbi and the firmware doesn't fix your disconnecting issues. It may just be a faulty unit. I am happy to finally get a stable running Orbi.

Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC3000 Orbi RBR50 General questions before buying

Hello Jleecloak1

Glad to hear you got it working with the firmware and the new unit.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
ew2x4
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I bought mine off an ebay store that wasn't on the authorized reseller list. So instead of an RMA, I'm stuck with a brand new, yet faulty device. 

Message 3 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What issues are you having with the unit?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 8
jleecloak1
Apprentice

Have you tried the latest beta firmware? I hope that if can fix your problems.

My wireless devices kept disconnecting very frequently last night but I am hoping it was due to the bad weather in the surrounding areas. I couldn't even play any multiplayer games because I kept getting disconnected. I will test it again tonight to see if it was not my Orbi. 

Message 5 of 8
ew2x4
Aspirant

Inconsistant speeds and disconnects. 

On one device, I'd be hitting my max 200 mbps, on every other it would be under 20. It would be inconsistant which device would be fast. Range would decrease to under 10 feet. 2.4 Ghz freq drops out. 

This happens about one day a week then returns to normal. After 3 hours on the phone, they decided to RMA it. 

Message 6 of 8
ew2x4
Aspirant

How do i get on the beta firmware?

Message 7 of 8
jleecloak1
Apprentice

DarrenM may be able to help you get the beta firmware or you can email support. They send it pretty quickly. My experience has been good with getting beta firmware. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7