Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3000 Problem with Wifi connection every minute

marin21
Follower

AC3000 Problem with Wifi connection every minute

Firmware V2.3.1.44

Replaced my old router yesterday evening with the Orbi (with one satellite) and it worked well for a while.

This morning the wify disconnects every minurte or so on both laptops and iphones.

- Using an eithernet cable works fine.

- I have tried using different channels on both 2.4 and 5Ghz network.

- Tried disable 20/40 MHz Coexistence

- Tried disable Daisy-Chain Topology.

- Tried Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING

- Tried different Preamble Mode

The only difference from yesterday I can think of is if the router have upgraded its firmware in the background.

If I switch back to my old router it works ok as usual, (slow and poor range as expected).

Frustration is running high and I have not got a black belt in networks and wifi and hoping for a noob problem/solution... 😉

Regards

Peter

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC3000 Problem with Wifi connection every minute

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC3000 Problem with Wifi connection every minute

Any progress on this? 

@marin21 wrote:

Firmware V2.3.1.44

Replaced my old router yesterday evening with the Orbi (with one satellite) and it worked well for a while.

This morning the wify disconnects every minurte or so on both laptops and iphones.

- Using an eithernet cable works fine.

- I have tried using different channels on both 2.4 and 5Ghz network.

- Tried disable 20/40 MHz Coexistence

- Tried disable Daisy-Chain Topology.

- Tried Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING

- Tried different Preamble Mode

The only difference from yesterday I can think of is if the router have upgraded its firmware in the background.

If I switch back to my old router it works ok as usual, (slow and poor range as expected).

Frustration is running high and I have not got a black belt in networks and wifi and hoping for a noob problem/solution... 😉

Regards

Peter

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7