Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3000 RBK50 Killing Telstra ADSL Connection

ferrastar
Follower

AC3000 RBK50 Killing Telstra ADSL Connection

I purchased my Orbi on Dec 15. It is the RBK50 AC3000 model.

I have tried connecting it to my Telstra ADSL Connection using a Sagemcon F@st 5355 modem and also a technicolor TG799vac modem. Each time I connect the Orbi to the WAN port and turn it on, it instantly kills my ADSL connection and I am unable to get past the initial setup screen to try and fault find the connection.

I have not had the issue on previous modems and am unsure what could be causing the issue.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: AC3000 RBK50 Killing Telstra ADSL Connection

@ferrastar wrote:

I purchased my Orbi on Dec 15. It is the RBK50 AC3000 model.

I have tried connecting it to my Telstra ADSL Connection using a Sagemcon F@st 5355 modem and also a technicolor TG799vac modem. Each time I connect the Orbi to the WAN port and turn it on, it instantly kills my ADSL connection and I am unable to get past the initial setup screen to try and fault find the connection.

I have not had the issue on previous modems and am unsure what could be causing the issue.

It's hard to tell without a picture, but try connecting Orbi to one of the the yellow LAN ports on the 799.

Based on this doc, the WAN port is not used, but your config could be different.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/broadband/telstra-gateway-max-adsl-...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7