Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AN ORBI MINI ??? (MAYBE)

msm40
Follower

AN ORBI MINI ??? (MAYBE)

I HAVE THE FASTEST WI-FI FROM AT&T-

BUT WHEN I STREAM SLING -SOMETIMES THE PICTURE FREEZES (THE AUDIO CONTINUES) -

AND SOMETIMES IT STOPS AND YOU GET THAT CIRCLE THING ON THE SCREEN THAT KEEPS SPINNING

WOULD AN ORBI MINI HELP OR IS THIS A TECHNICAL PROBLEM???

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

There is no Orbi Mini. 

Are you taking about a Orbi wall unit? 

The problem is probably your ATT wifi router. Something to connect ATT about. Most ISP wifi and routers are not the greatest. 

Message 2 of 3
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

Some of this depends on how your TV is connected to the internet. If it is wired (wired LAN), then you probably have a problem that concerns other technical issues. If it is wifi connected and you have good results with your wifi on other devices but not your TV, then it couls be the signal strength at your TV. Distance and obstacles will degrade the signal. If your signal strengths drops below a certain point at the device, streaming vidceo becomes a buffering mess. There is an app you can download to your mobile (if your TV is connected by wifi) called WiFi Analyzer and you can check your signal strength on both 2.4 and 5GHz. If you show around or worse than -67db the signal in the TV area it is mostly unusable for streaming. There also is another app you can download Speedtest by Ookla. This will give you the connection speed. For determining if an area is unusable, I prefer looking at signal strength. Your ISP only provides your your speed at the modem. From there it is all about your own individual variables.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7