Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ATT Fiber in Passthrough with Orbi in AP Mode

usmc93
Aspirant

ATT Fiber in Passthrough with Orbi in AP Mode

I am attempting to set up my Orbi System  (RBK53) through my ATT Uverse Fiber modem (Arris BGW210-700).  I put the ATT modem in IP Passthrough mode and turned off both 2.4 and 5 Radios....and then I set my Orbi in AP mode (it was originally in Router mode but I had strange behavior, couldnt download apps on iOs, etc).  The connection is working now my only concern is if I did this correct? Should i be worried about anything specific in this configuration? Also strangely I can no longer access the Orbi Router admin through my browser once I changed it to AP Mode (I triend orbilogin.net, Orbilogin.com and the router's IP address??)

I can still access my ATT modem admin by putting in the IP.  

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ATT Fiber in Passthrough with Orbi in AP Mode

When in AP mode, the ATT pass throught needs to be disabled. Pass through is for only when the Orbi is in router mode. You can still configure the Orbi for router mode if you wish and keep pass through enabled on the ATT Fiber unit. 

@usmc93 wrote:

I am attempting to set up my Orbi System  (RBK53) through my ATT Uverse Fiber modem (Arris BGW210-700).  I put the ATT modem in IP Passthrough mode and turned off both 2.4 and 5 Radios....and then I set my Orbi in AP mode (it was originally in Router mode but I had strange behavior, couldnt download apps on iOs, etc).  The connection is working now my only concern is if I did this correct? Should i be worried about anything specific in this configuration? Also strangely I can no longer access the Orbi Router admin through my browser once I changed it to AP Mode (I triend orbilogin.net, Orbilogin.com and the router's IP address??)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

When in AP mode, the ATT pass throught needs to be disabled. Pass through is for only when the Orbi is in router mode. You can still configure the Orbi for router mode if you wish and keep pass through enabled on the ATT Fiber unit. 

@usmc93 wrote:

Message 2 of 6
usmc93
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I am a rookie and trying to peice this together through google searches and videos 🙂

I would love to change it back but i can no longer get into my Orbi's admin since I changed it to AP mode? Any ideas?  Also when I had it configured like you suggest; Pass through disabled on the ATT and the Orbi set to Router mode, I could not do certain things, like download apps on iphone or ipad and this was the suggested fix (put it in AP mode.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbilogin.com doesnt' work? It should in AP mode. 

IF not, look at your main host routers connected clients table. The Orbi should be listed here. if you see it, find it's IP address. Use this IP address to access the Orbis web page while in AP mode. 

All you need to do for now is leave the Orbi in AP mode and disable pass thru on the modem for the Orbi. Your modem will be your main host router and would be easier for you to manage. 

Message 4 of 6
usmc93
Aspirant

Thanks that is what I ended up doing, when i put my disabled passthrough i could once again access the admin panel on my orbi (Which I left in AP mode), everything seems to be running fine now. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Do a backup configuation to file for safe keeping on the RBR. 

Please mark your thread as solved.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7