Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ATT Gateway and RBR20 Issues

mapalm418
Aspirant

ATT Gateway and RBR20 Issues

I've posted several times regarding the ongoing issues I'm having with my Arris ATT Gateway and my Orbi RBR20 Router and Satellite. Now I'm at a loss.

For 2 months, I had the Gateway in IP Passthrough mode (ATT does not allow Bridge mode), but I still had the WiFi signals on. All was fine. The ATT Gateway was broadcasting a WiFi signal, but I never used it or connected any devices to it. I only used my Orbi WiFi network.

Last week, things started happening:

-I could not access orbilogin.net/com

-Not all of my connected devices showed up in the Orbi admin app or on the browser admin page

So I talked to ATT, and they turned off the WiFi radios (per a suggestion someone made here, to get rid of my Double NAT situation).

All was good.

Then a few days later I started to get buffering on my AppleTV, and a Speedtest revealed super slow speeds on my AppleTV. All other devices seemed fine. Also, the ATT app would show me as offline for a few seconds when I was online, then woiuld update to online.

I called ATT again and they turned the WiFi radios back on as a way to fix the connection status issue. But they still kept me in Passthrough mode.

Now, the buffering issue is fixed (I think), but I am back to not seeing all my connected devices. Plus, I'm seeing a new unknown device. And the ATT app still has the offline/online problem.

What I'd be incredibly grateful for is for someone to tell me exactly what to tell ATT to do as far as the settings in Passthrough mode that will be optimal for my Orbi system. And then, what settings to use for my Orbi.

Thank you! 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure the wifi radios ARE fully turned OFF at the modem. 

Be sure the placement between the modem and RBR using is 3feet or more in between them. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Is Armor or Circle enabled? 

Message 2 of 3
mapalm418
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Be sure the wifi radios ARE fully turned OFF at the modem. 

WiFi radios are currently on since I was experiencing issueds with connection: my Apple TV was buffering during streaming, which it hadn't doing before I turned rthe radios on.

Be sure the placement between the modem and RBR using is 3feet or more in between them. 

Interesting. My Orbi Router is connected by ethernet to the ATT Gateway. They are sitting right next to each other. Could that be an issue?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Is Armor or Circle enabled? 

I have 2.4 set to Auto and 5 set to 48. They have been like that forever.

There are probably 8-10 WiFi signals I am seeing nearby.

No Armor or Circle enabled.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7