Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

About 3x day disconnects, reconnects instantly

skeetskat
Tutor

About 3x day disconnects, reconnects instantly

I can't seem to figure out why this is happening but I'm experiencing random disconnects with the Orbi router plus one satellite. I will get disconnected maybe 2-3 times a day but then the system reconnects instantly. While streaming from Apple TV, Netflix, etc. this actually isn't a problem because it reconnects before the stream buffer expires. However, when playing a game online I will get disconnected from the game. Most of the time this happens it's from devices connected via Ethernet to satellite but it happens to wireless devices as well. I've upgraded to latest firmware, I believe placement b/w router and satellite is optimal. Beamforming and MUMIMO are both disabled. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 8
ppilot212
Star

Re: About 3x day disconnects, reconnects instantly

Has this been happening for a while or just after the latest firmware update.  I didn't start having these issues until I upgraded to the latest firmware.

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I can almost guarantee it is due to the backhaul signal from the router to the satellite dropping. Several users have this issue and open support tickets but Netgear hasn't addressed it. If you use an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer, you can watch the 2.4 and 5Ghz backhaul signals frequently drop. They are the ones with no SSID.

It's probably happening much more than 3x per day but it is very quick and doesn't always last long enough to drop every device.
Message 3 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

Yes this issue has been around for a while happens in AP mode as well, keep telling myself Firmware fix is coming but thus far useless Firmware releases.

Message 4 of 8
skeetskat
Tutor

It's been happening since I've had Orbi which has been almost two months now.  On both the current and previous firmware.

Message 5 of 8
skeetskat
Tutor

@JMU1998 wrote:

Yes this issue has been around for a while happens in AP mode as well, keep telling myself Firmware fix is coming but thus far useless Firmware releases.

Well that gives me hope it will be fixed via firmware at some point as it doesn't seem to be an issue specific to my setup...here's hoping since other than that, the speed and coverage have been great.

Message 6 of 8
skeetskat
Tutor

@BobertSaget wrote:
I can almost guarantee it is due to the backhaul signal from the router to the satellite dropping. Several users have this issue and open support tickets but Netgear hasn't addressed it. If you use an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer, you can watch the 2.4 and 5Ghz backhaul signals frequently drop. They are the ones with no SSID.

It's probably happening much more than 3x per day but it is very quick and doesn't always last long enough to drop every device.

Yeah that makes sense to me...hopefully it is fixed via firmware soon... 😕

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I sure hope so and hope it's not hardware related. Have your internet speeds been consistent? I either 230 Mbps (what it should be) or more often about 50 Mbps. Never in between and the device doesn't matter. Wired to the router I get full speed and no disconnects.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7