Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac adapter ORBI RBK50

Kaas
Follower

Ac adapter ORBI RBK50

Hi Guys,

I have a question concered AC adapter for ORBI RBK50. My AC adapter i broken and i really need a new one. Any idea where i can find a new one? Im from the Netherlands. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ac adapter ORBI RBK50

Try NG support, if not, try online places like Amazon? 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

I seem to recall previous questions about AC adapters resulted in, "we don't sell them by themselves".  (My memory is often incorrect.)

I did a Google search on "AD2080F20 Type 107LF" and came up with hits.  Here's one:
http://find-power-adapter.com/ad2080f20-107lf-3321088301-3321061801-netgear-12v-35a-ac-adapter-power...

(I don't know how to set an Amazon search for Netherlands.)

There is nothing special about the actual Netgear power supply.  What you need is something that plugs into your electrical outlet and has:

Output: 12V 3.5A
DC Tip Size 5.5mm x 2.1mm
There is also a picture that seems to show the center of the plug being positive and the outside negative.
(It's tiny and my eyesight is not that great, but I think that's the most typical plug.)

If you have an electronics parts store nearby you can take your broken one in and compare it against what they carry.

It also doesn't matter if your new supply provides more than 3.5A @ 12v.

Of course, you could use an adapter with a US plug and a Type C (2 pin) adapter.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 7

@CrimpOn wrote:

I seem to recall previous questions about AC adapters resulted in, "we don't sell them by themselves".  (My memory is often incorrect.)

No. Your memory is sound.

Any generic power supply with the right volts and enough amps will work as long as it has the right "tip" size and (+/-) polarity.

Amazon and eBay are stuffed with adapters that come with a variety of tip sizes. Someone else recently posted this as a guide to the tip size:

Netgear tip size.png

That's in line with your own research.

Can anyone confirm that this applies to all Netgear things?

Message 4 of 7

Of course, you could use an adapter with a US plug and a Type C (2 pin) adapter.

That works only if the Netgear adapter is 100-240 volts.

Many say that they are 100-120 volts.

But some people report that the labels are wrong and that some stuff billed as 100-120 volts is really 100-240 volts. 

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

As I recall, the Netgear adapter says "120v" on it (in tiny print).  It's also pretty clear about 3.5amp @ 12v. The odd size compared to the typical "wall wart" might be related to a desire to take up only a single power socket in US duplex outlets or power strips.  Since international electrical outlets vary so much, does Netgear ship the same power supply internationally?  (I'm thinking about UK's ENORMOUS plugs. How would you attach that thing to this narrow box?)

Maybe my conclusions from looking at my power supply might not apply to a device sold for the Netherlands?

Message 6 of 7

@CrimpOn wrote:

As I recall, the Netgear adapter says "120v" on it (in tiny print). 

I have received Netgear stuff that comes with three different adapters, USA, UK, Europe.

Only the US plugs say 100-120 volts. The others are all 100-240 volts.

One theory I have seen is that it is a consumer safety thing, rather than the technology,  that leads to the US labels, and that the adapters are really 100-240V. (Why would Netgear bother to specify two different production lines in a Chinese factory?)

Unfortunately, few people have reported experiments with connecting US plugs to 240-volt mains.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7