Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access Control and Amazon FireTV

MarkXIX
Aspirant

Access Control and Amazon FireTV

Believe this issue to be a bug with the router.

I have multiple Amazon FireTV sticks on my network. One particular device will draw an IP address but will not connect to the Internet as long as I have "Turn on Access Control" enabled in the Access Control management page.

This one device is the only one impacted by this setting being enabled. Have contacted Amazon support and they have been able to remotely diagnose the device and cannot find an issue with it.

It does not matter if the device is on 2.4G or 5G network. I have tried both normal DHCP IP assignment and creating an IP reservation. The device MAC in unique on my network as well and I have verified there are no IP address conflicts.

The only way to get this ONE DEVICE to connect to the Internet is to uncheck the "Turn on Access Control" option in the router settings.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

How odd.  I have Security...Access Control turned off (I've never tried to enable it) with 2 Amazon Fire TV devices that work just fine.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this happend with the one device if ALL other Amazon devices are turned off or disabled?

Faulty device maybe?  

Message 3 of 6
MarkXIX
Aspirant

If you're so inclined, try enabling Access Control and see if any of your FireTV devices stop working.

If not, I appreciate the response.

Message 4 of 6
MarkXIX
Aspirant

I will try unplugging the other two FireTV devices and see what happens to the one that's having issues as an additional troubleshooting step.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know the results. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements