Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access Control on RBR50 with V2.5.0.38 firmware

AkoreJepade
Tutor

Access Control on RBR50 with V2.5.0.38 firmware

Since that last firmware upgrade the systems Access Control is all a mess. It even managed to Block one of my Satellites  so I ended up having to turn off Access Control. Also I fear that if I reboot the system it will start randomly blocking things again.

"Blocked Outdoor back of house"

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? I believe someone posted about this not too long ago with similar issues with access controls. I believe it was resolved with a reset of the RBR. 

Message 2 of 9
AkoreJepade
Tutor

Thanks for the fast reply, No I have not tried a factory reset of the router yet... I did see that mentioned on a search but wanted to post here before I did that to see if that was the only solution.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen odd issues with this FW update. Resets seems to help fix most of them. 

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@AkoreJepade wrote:

Since that last firmware upgrade the systems Access Control is all a mess. It even managed to Block one of my Satellites  so I ended up having to turn off Access Control. Also I fear that if I reboot the system it will start randomly blocking things again.

"Blocked Outdoor back of house"

STOP....V2.5.0.38 has known issues.  Your best bet is to revert to an earlier version and STOP performing mmanual updates to your firmware.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if the reset fixes what your seeing. 

Also be sure to clear out all browser caches as well. Get a fresh from the web page. 

Not seeing this with v38 loaded. Manual FW upated and factory reset the RBR for mine. 

@AkoreJepade wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply, No I have not tried a factory reset of the router yet... I did see that mentioned on a search but wanted to post here before I did that to see if that was the only solution.

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know if the reset fixes what your seeing. 

Hopefully they was NO Factory Rset...

Not seeing this with v38 loaded. Manual FW upated and factory reset the RBR for mine. 

Good for you, then you have no problems therefore have nothing to add.

@AkoreJepade wrote:

Message 7 of 9
AkoreJepade
Tutor

Performed a factory reset yesterday and everything seemed to work fine until late last night when thunderstorms came through and knocked out the power, this morning random devices where Blocked in Access Control again. 4 devices, 3 Sonos players and one computer... Going to have to leave Access Control off and hope that the next firmware update they roll out fixes it.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

After a power outage Access Control configurations shouldn't change any.

I would make contact with NG support about this and let them know about it.

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

@AkoreJepade wrote:
Performed a factory reset yesterday and everything seemed to work fine until late last night when thunderstorms came through and knocked out the power, this morning random devices where Blocked in Access Control again. 4 devices, 3 Sonos players and one computer... Going to have to leave Access Control off and hope that the next firmware update they roll out fixes it.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7