Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access Control randomly blocking device after power outage

feignit
Star

Access Control randomly blocking device after power outage

This is the second time this has happened to me, after a power loss from a blackout etc, my Orbi randomly blocks devices from internet access. Last time I was able to view these blocked devices and resolve it while still keeping access control enabled, but now the blocked device list is blank. I can only connect these devices after completely disabling access control. It's much like the issue mentioned here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Access-Control-randomly-blocking-approved-devices-on-V2-2-1-21...

This is completely ridiculous, I'm tired of this buggy mesh system. I reached out to customer service and all I got was generic replies. Firmware 2.5.2.4

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@feignit wrote:

This is the second time this has happened to me, after a power loss from a blackout etc, my Orbi randomly blocks devices from internet access. Last time I was able to view these blocked devices and resolve it while still keeping access control enabled, but now the blocked device list is blank. I can only connect these devices after completely disabling access control. It's much like the issue mentioned here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Access-Control-randomly-blocking-approved-devices-on-V2-2-1-21...

This is completely ridiculous, I'm tired of this buggy mesh system. I reached out to customer service and all I got was generic replies. Firmware 2.5.2.4

They may mean that you are on 2.5.2.4 and it's buggy? The firmware showing on the website is 2.5.1.16 and seems to be very stable.

I don't use access control or other features like that for obvious reasons, so I can't help youy there. But falling back to 2.5.1.16 may solve the problem. 

Message 2 of 4
feignit
Star

I’ll have to give that a try
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the RBR after you loaded v4 FW. Then setup from scratch. 

@feignit wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7