Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Router through Orbi RBR20 as AP

walkerf5098
Aspirant

Access Router through Orbi RBR20 as AP

This has been the one stumbling block with my Orbi life.

I had to configure it as an AP, as it wouldn't accept my ISP credentials. 

It works great for what I need, but I cannot access the interface on my Nighthawk router which acts as both modem and router. 

I KNOW it has the IP address 192.168.0.1 (Default Gateway et al). 

The Orbi and Sats are .6, .7 and .8 respectively.

I've tried the 192.168.100.1 trick, which doesn't work, entering the IP address in my web browser takes me to a login screen which only lets me into Orbi.

Any suggestions?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Access Router through Orbi RBR20 as AP

@walkerf5098 wrote:

I've tried the 192.168.100.1 trick, which doesn't work, entering the IP address in my web browser takes me to a login screen which only lets me into Orbi.

Any suggestions?

There are usually multiple ethernet ports on a Nighthawk router. What happens when you connect a computer directly to the Nighthawk and browse to 192.168.0.1?

What is the model of Nighthawk?

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

In access point mode, your primary router should be assigning an IP address to the orbi.

Have you logged into that router and checked what IP address its assigning? 

Message 3 of 4
walkerf5098
Aspirant

I managed to log in to the Nighthawk (it's a D7000 Modem/Router) by connecting to an ethernet port. 

Updated it all the way to the latest firmware, so now I need to work out how to manage it through the Orbi.

I realised I'd turned the wireless antennae off,  which would explain why i couldn't access it...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7