Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Accessing Orbi Login.com through a fios g1100 gateway

mountaineerintx
Aspirant

Accessing Orbi Login.com through a fios g1100 gateway

When I attempt to access orbi.com I am confronted with a dialog box from firefox requesting a username and password.  I have not a clue which account username and password is being requested.  I want to switch the router to an access point, which I must do through the advanced setting on orbi.com. If anyone has experienced this and found a souluton please post.  Thanks a bunch.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Accessing Orbi Login.com through a fios g1100 gateway

@mountaineerintx wrote:

When I attempt to access orbi.com I am confronted with a dialog box from firefox requesting a username and password.  I have not a clue which account username and password is being requested.  I want to switch the router to an access point, which I must do through the advanced setting on orbi.com. If anyone has experienced this and found a souluton please post.  Thanks a bunch.

Do you mean orbilogin.com or orbi.com? Orbilogin.com is the correct url. The username is admin and the password is the password you chose when you created an account and setup the Orbi WIFI system. Can you connect using the app, as it usually does not ask for a username/password after the initial setup, unless using it remotely.

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi can be managed two ways:

• Using the Orbi "app", which is slick but cannot be used to set up anything beyond the most basic functions.
    The app uses the Netgear forum login and password.
  • The Orbi web interface, which has access to all settings.
    When the Orbi comes "out of the box", the login consists of a user ID "admin" (which cannot be changed)
    and a password "password", which the user is encouraged to change.
    If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Orbi pops up a "Password Recovery" web page where the user can enter the product serial number and answer some questions.

So, if the admin password has never been changed, it should still be "password".

Since you want to put the Orbi into Access Point (AP) mode, the only "settings" that matter are the WiFi name and password, so there is not much problem in performing a Factory Reset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 which will restore the web interface to "admin" and "password".

Message 3 of 6
mountaineerintx
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  I did mean orbilogin.com.  I didn't think that I could access the advanced settings on the app but I'll try.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
mountaineerintx
Aspirant

Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry if I was not clear. The "app" CANNOT be used to put the Orbi in AP mode. You must use orbilogin.com
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7