Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Achat

MarcNett
Tutor

Achat

Bonjour, J'habite en Belgique et je suis client chez Proximus.

Y-a-t-il une personne qui utilise un systeme ORBI avec une B_BOX 3 ?

Avez vous des problèmes, Y a t il une amméliration des performance du wifi?

Merci

Marc

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Achat

En anglais s'il vous plaît

Message 2 of 10
MarcNett
Tutor

I am leaving in Belgium, I would like to know if Orbi or orbi pro are already tested with Proximus?
Do you have a document to define the requirement for selecting the best solution/model?
I have for the moment a Ex8000 but it is not stable connected to the proximus box.
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop or https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

NG doesn't have any information on this Proximus box. Is this a router or a ISP modem? 

Orbi generally works with any ISP modem while in router mode, or other router if you configure the Orbi in AP mode. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx

Best way to see what is available and fit it to your home and needs. 

Message 4 of 10
MarcNett
Tutor

Hi Thanks for the information,   but I still have question:

When I connect Orbi, on the existing gateway -router.

If I connect device on the other ethernet port available on my router (we have 4 in total)

Do we have communication from device on this part of the network to the one connected in Wifi or cable on ORBI?

Link to the Internet provider abd the BBOX

https://www.proximus.be/support/en/id_sfaqr_mdm_manual/personal/support/internet/internet-at-home/in...

Guide in french of the installation of the Router 

Thanks in advance

Marc

Message 5 of 10
ekhalil
Master

I could not fully understand the user guide in French, but as I can see this is a DSL modem with wifi and router functionality.

1. You have either to disable the router functionality and Wifi in the ISP modem and use Orbi in Router Mode

2. Or, keep the router functionality in the ISP modem but switch off its wifi and use Orbi in AP mode.

In summary I don't see any issue in using Orbi with your ISP modem, it's just that you need the choose the correct settings for both the modem and Orbi.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

There are two different IP addresses in use, so communication between these IP addresses, one on the modem and one on the Orbi will be different. Communication between these will not work correctly. It's recommended if to connect everything to the Orbi router. If you need more LAN ports in addition to the ones on the Orbi router, you can always add a external non managed LAN switch. They make switch that have from 5 to 48 ports. Fairly inexpensive too.

@MarcNett wrote:

Hi Thanks for the information,   but I still have question:

When I connect Orbi, on the existing gateway -router.

If I connect device on the other ethernet port available on my router (we have 4 in total)

Do we have communication from device on this part of the network to the one connected in Wifi or cable on ORBI?

Link to the Internet provider abd the BBOX

https://www.proximus.be/support/en/id_sfaqr_mdm_manual/personal/support/internet/internet-at-home/in...

Guide in french of the installation of the Router 

Thanks in advance

Marc

Message 7 of 10
MarcNett
Tutor

Hi

I have purchased the orbi with one satelite, and i have a very good Wifi now.

thanks for your great product.

But I have a trouble, in my big house i have an unmanged swith far from the BBOX-3.

To connect this one I have a cable.

I have move the cable from the BBOX3 on the Orbi Router, for most of the device this is working fine, but for the IPTV decoder this is not working it say:

no signal.  It seems the IPTV signal is not forwarded correctly 

Do you have a solution?

Is it possible to transfer those informations also true the ORBI router?

Thanks in advance

Marc

Message 8 of 10
Carru
Aspirant

Bonjour, 

Je suis dans le même cas. Je viens de recevoir Orbi.

J'ai désactivé le wifi de la BBOX, enlevé le PPP pour utiliser cette box comme bridge donc plus de mode routeur. J'utilise un compte PPPoe lors de la connexion orbi pour l'internet. Les identifiants et pass sont disponible via l'interface MyProximus. Dans les produits, internet il y a la possibilité de définir ce mot de passe PPPoe. Le user est présent aussi.

Pour moi cela fonctionne mais je dois encore tester c'est assez...frais. J'ai eu un soucis avec le dns récupéré de Proximus, j'avais accès uniquement à certains sites. J'ai ajouté les dns google (8.8.8.8 et 8.8.4.4) et cela semble fonctionner à merveille.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try putting the IPTV in the DMZ of the Orbi router...

@MarcNett wrote:

Hi

I have purchased the orbi with one satelite, and i have a very good Wifi now.

thanks for your great product.

But I have a trouble, in my big house i have an unmanged swith far from the BBOX-3.

To connect this one I have a cable.

I have move the cable from the BBOX3 on the Orbi Router, for most of the device this is working fine, but for the IPTV decoder this is not working it say:

no signal.  It seems the IPTV signal is not forwarded correctly 

Do you have a solution?

Is it possible to transfer those informations also true the ORBI router?

Thanks in advance

Marc

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7