Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding RBS750 with Ethernet Backhaul on RBx50 system

LeChuck
Tutor

Adding RBS750 with Ethernet Backhaul on RBx50 system

As I need to add a Orbi satellite in my basement, and as it is no more possible to find any RBS50, I would like to know if it is possible to add a RBS750 with ethernet Backhaul ? Will it act exactly in the same way as a RBS50 would? By this, I mean that when I roam from first stair to basement my smartphone/tablet will automatically attach to the RBS750. And same in other way, it will leave RBS750 to a RBS50 when I leave my basement. I don't care for WiFi 6 right now.

As I use daisy chain for my Orbi system, I understand that a RBS50 won't be able to connect to the RBS750 for WiFi backhaul, but that's not a problem.

Message 1 of 4
wwlen1
Guide

Re: Adding RBS750 with Ethernet Backhaul on RBx50 system

Wifi 6 (AX) satellites cannot be used with a WiFi 5 (AC) Orbi router.

And while RBS50 satellites are hard to find, RBR50 (need V1) as well as RBR40 routers are still available and are easy to convert to work as satellites.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

the other satellites you could use are:
RBS20

RBW30

RBS40

RBS40V

RBS50

RBS50Y

Some have used the EX7500, EX7700, EX8000. they don't integrate like orbi but they do work. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I know that RBS50 can be ethernet connected to a Orbi AX system, however I don't know if a RBS750 can be ethernet connected to a Orbi AC system. Might work, however it may not integrate in to the Orbi AC system. You can try and see if it works. If, not send the RBS back. 

Your better option would be to find a RBS40v and ethernet connect it up. 

@LeChuck wrote:

As I need to add a Orbi satellite in my basement, and as it is no more possible to find any RBS50, I would like to know if it is possible to add a RBS750 with ethernet Backhaul ? Will it act exactly in the same way as a RBS50 would? By this, I mean that when I roam from first stair to basement my smartphone/tablet will automatically attach to the RBS750. And same in other way, it will leave RBS750 to a RBS50 when I leave my basement. I don't care for WiFi 6 right now.

As I use daisy chain for my Orbi system, I understand that a RBS50 won't be able to connect to the RBS750 for WiFi backhaul, but that's not a problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7