Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding Satellite to satellite ( RBS50)

Dream_Designer
Aspirant

Adding Satellite to satellite ( RBS50)

I have consumed the limit of 3 satellites, still left out with one corner 

2 of my satellite are connected via router RBR50, but the third one (RBS50) is connected from Direct ISP provider ( just to get extra speed) all is working good now want to add one more satellite to existing sync satellite, any way to do that?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Adding Satellite to satellite ( RBS50)

You can have up to 6 satellites.

I've seen users with more but it can negatively effect performance. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062035/How-many-satellites-can-you-add-to-an-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 2 of 6
Dream_Designer
Aspirant

Thanks But the problem is how to add 4th satellite to current network, I mean its not detecting new satellite and when i connected new satellite to older one , its just blinking white light 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

When setting up past 3 satellites, power off one or all of the other satellites until the new one is synced.

they can be powered back up after it synces. 

Make sure the satellite is updated on the firmware. 

Message 4 of 6
Dream_Designer
Aspirant

I am stuck on updating firmware, followed the process of entering 192.168.1.250, moment o select the file from my system to update it says page taking too much time to load 

This error is coming even if I hardwire satellite to router and did reset it many times

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Which version of firmware are you on? 

Have you tried firefox browser? 

make sure the device you hardwire in has the wifi disabled so it isn't defaulting back to that version. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7