Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adding a Satellite (One main and two Satellites)

rugby49
Aspirant

Adding a Satellite (One main and two Satellites)

Okay still having problems with PS4 and XBox One S dropping connections.  Just noticed on Amazon that additional satellites available through one vendor to purchase but it is $260.00.  Anyone try one yet and add a second satellite to their house?  I have an older 4 port powerline network setup that I am going to play around with today to see if I can get more stable connections through the powerline network.  But I would bite the bullet at $260.00 if I had a good idea it would work.  Not sure what the return policy is like from a third party seller on Amazon.  The 4 ports on the Orbi Satellite would give me the ability to plug in the PS4, XBox One S, Roku and the OLED TV.  It would be on the first floor 20 - 30 feet away from the second satellite and through one wall.  I think a stable 20 - 25mbs should be enough to stream 4K/UHD.  

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello rugby49

Have you updated the firmware on Orbi we have done some updates to help stability also have you tried to change wireless channels on the router or maybe try to position the satellite in a different location.

DarrenM 

Message 2 of 4
rugby49
Aspirant

Just updated the firmware to 1.4.0.16.  No have not changed the channel.  Still have it set to Auto.  Unfortunately due to the time of year and two birthdays before Christmas, I just do not have the time to sit there and babysit Orbi. For me my Sonos is running through the bridges so I rarely have a problem.  The few times where I streamed UHD shows has been through the LG OLED TV running on the first floor where the satellite is and I have not had a problem.   So as time permits I will try steaming thru the XBox One S on the first floor and see what happens.  I would expect with UHD that I would need a constant connection or 15mbs or I would start having problems.  A question I have does Orbi store logs from past days or only from the current session/day?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ruby49

I checked my logs it had stuff up to 5 days old so I am guessing it stores about a weeks worth of logs.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7