Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a device (TV) RBR20

Charligirl
Aspirant

Adding a device (TV) RBR20

Updated Orbi and I-phone connected. How do I add my television to the wifi system?

I will be cutting cable shortly, have internet. Will Orbi take the place of an antennaI should I require one.

Not techy, bubbling through this.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Adding a device (TV) RBR20

Should be similar to who you connected your other devices. If the TV supports wireless connections. 

Please review the TV mfrs support site and help information on how to connect there TV ot your Orbi system. They will have this information. 

@Charligirl wrote:

Updated Orbi and I-phone connected. How do I add my television to the wifi system?

I will be cutting cable shortly, have internet. Will Orbi take the place of an antennaI should I require one.

Not techy, bubbling through this.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Connecting any device to the Orbi WiFi is set up on the device itself.  If the TV supports WiFi, there should be a "Setup Menu" where you select the WiFi network and enter the password.

Orbi is in no way a television antenna or cable box.  What Orbi does is allow the television to connect to internet web sites.  For example, if you subscribe to Hulu or Netflix, there should be a menu on the TV to open those apps, put in your login credentials, and stream programs from them.  There are dozens of articles on the web about how the various streaming services compare, what they cost, etc.

Fortunately, you can test out the capabilities of the TV before "cutting the cord."

Message 3 of 10
Charligirl
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I better understand and did find Orbi on my TV set. It would not connect. I will try again tomorrow, I am missing something. The reason I wish to connect Orbi to TV, when I stream, half way through the show I lose internet and cannot get the show back.  My internet company has not been of help. At 80 I am not tecky, but can follow directions. You certainly have cleared up some confusion. Thank you, enjoy the moment.

Message 4 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

If the TV is not connected to the Orbi, how is it streaming now?

Message 5 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

It would probably be helpful to know wha sort of internet service you have subscribed to, and the brand & model of the internet modem.

Message 6 of 10
Charligirl
Aspirant

Thank you for responding. I have internet with WOW, modem Arris SSIDI . 2.46Hz DE2B and 5GHz Arris-DEzB-5G 

Until my contract expires (2months) I have AT&T Directv.

I was on the phone this evening with WOW, they did not fix the problem. Cannot use streaming service. Buffers every 20 secs. I have the orbi and wanted to connect to TV. Thinking I might have to delete present data and put in new. I am investigating which Roku to use after cable is cut. I have Mac and I-phone (no problems). 

Message 7 of 10
Charligirl
Aspirant

cable and internet

Message 8 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

I have no experience with WOW.  They appear to offer internet service with ample speed.  Does the TV connect directly to the Arris modem?

Message 9 of 10
Charligirl
Aspirant

The Arris is connected to cable in another room from TV. TV is connected to cable and Directv box.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7