Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a wired Satellite

kjp1111
Follower

Adding a wired Satellite

Looking to add an Orbi Satellite out in my garage. The garage is too far from the router and other satellites. I will run an ethernet cable from the existing router out to the garage and connect a satellite that way.

What do I need to do to pair it properly so that any devices connected to the existing Orbi system will connect seamlessly to the new satellite?

Thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Adding a wired Satellite

First pair the RBS to the RBR wirelessly. Do this while in the same room as the RBR with the RBS. Then connect a ethernet cable from the RBS to the RBR. Give up to 5 minutes for the RBS to fully connect and the top ring LED should turn BLUE then turn OFF. I would set a IP address reservation ON the RBR for the RBS.

Once you get here, turn OFF The RBS and place at it's remote location. Connect the LAN cable there and turn ON. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7