Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding satelite fails

Takson
Follower

Adding satelite fails

Hi all,

I have had an orbi + an orbi satelite up and running for a few months.

When I bought the system in December last year I also bought a second saltelite for when we completed some work in the house.

That is now done and I have tried to set up the satelite.

When I switch it on it just flashed white constantly.  I have tried a reset of the satelite, the whole system, syncing, all without any positive outcome.

When I look in the admin panel or on the app, I see the satelite is there, but it has a status of disconnected.  In the mobile app it does show an IP address, but it doesn't respond to a ping in a terminal window,  

Firmware of main system is 2.1.4.10

Firmware of Working satelite is 2.1.4.10

Firmare of non working satelite is 1.12.0.18

I cannot connect to the satelite to try and update the firmware on the device to see if that can trigger anything.  

Unfortunately I am outside the 90 day window, even though it has never been used or work,

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do, or do I need to RMA the device?

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Adding satelite fails

You would have to downgrade the Orbi router I think back to that version of FW. Then connect the one satellite, upgrade it manually with pre-downloaded v2.1.4.10 file. Then upgrade the Orbi router back to v2.1.4.10...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7