Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adding second satellite from dual pack

pingles
Aspirant

Adding second satellite from dual pack

I've already got a Router and Satellite working but need an additional satellite to get coverage in a final part of the house.

I bought a second double pack (Router + Satellite) as the Satellite is currently unavailable on its own. I'm trying to get the new satellite to pair with the router but can't make it work. Is there something special I need to do?

I've pressed the Sync button on the Satellite so the LED light blinks white, and then followed the "Add another Satellite" wizard through the web control panel, but the setup never completes successfully.

Please help! 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
Hydro130
Luminary

A "real" standalone satellite is readily available & for sale now on Amazon - is there a reason you can't get that? 

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I wonder if the satelite that comes in a router/sat combo package is somehow tied specifically to its corresponding router. 

Message 2 of 6
pingles
Aspirant

Unfortunately they're not available within the UK- just the dual bundle.

Message 3 of 6
pingles
Aspirant

Certainly feels like they've tied them together- they're within a few meters of each other and won't sync. Pretty gutted right now 😞

Message 4 of 6
tadBR
Guide

I have 2 double packs (router + satellite) e all the satellites tied together. Just pressed the sync button on both satellite and main router. I had no problem with that config.

The order router is acting as a AP.

Message 5 of 6
pingles
Aspirant

Managed to get it working in the end- maybe the blinking LED was just the satellite booting.

Apologies for the false alarm 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7