Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Additional Orbi Satellite availability Europe

danielmc
Aspirant

Additional Orbi Satellite availability Europe

I purchased an Orbi this weekend, as I have some hard to reach areas that I wanted to ensure I could get excellent cover. I tore down a network with 2 nighthawks,  and was happy with the initial results. I then proceeded to try and purchase two additional satellites, only to find that no one in Europe has them. 

I called multiple distributors and they told me not to expect them before the end of Q2 due to a fault recall (despite notes on this board saying beginning Q2). This is a very poor position to leave customers. The entire point of a mesh network solution is that you can buy additional nodes in order to get full cover. If I had known that the satellites were not available, then I would have purchased an alternative device (that you could buy them is a fair assumption to make). 

What gaurantees do we have that these devices will be available in April?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 13
ktd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Additional Orbi Satellite availability Europe

2 month and still no answer from Netgear. You customer support is really bad Netgear. 😞

I too have been looking for additional RBS50 but no one got them or know when they will get them.
Message 2 of 13
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Hi ktd,

10 Apr 2017 DarrenM (Netgear Mod) replied with the following on another thread

"Hello Everyone 

I have checked on this again and  they will not be released in Q2 it looks like Q3 is the new launch time. I am very sorry for the inconvenience."

DarrenM

There are a lot of really peeved off people including myself !

Other Thread

Message 3 of 13
ktd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello and thank you for the information.

Let's hope Netgear shape up and release the satellites asap!
Message 4 of 13
danielmc
Aspirant

Still no availability. This is really crazy, I like the devices, but I bought the device with the promise that I would have the ability to scale out the network. Must be some legal obligation here. 

Message 5 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello danielmc

I have checked and see availability of the satellites on both the german and uk Amazons.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 13
ktd
Apprentice
Apprentice

And if you don’t live in the UK or Germany? UK have different connections and Germany Amazon doesn’t ship to Sweden. It’s also not a preferred way to buy if I need to use guarantee...
Message 7 of 13
Phandam
Apprentice

I have the same issue, and Netgear keeps telling me that Amazon UK and Germany have it, but as you mention that doesn't help the rest of Europe.    Is this product exclusive to Amazon now?     

Message 8 of 13
itonon
Aspirant

Orbi satellites (AC3000 RBS50, AC2200 RBS40, AC2200 wall-plug RBW30) are available in all major European countries since beginning of September. Thery are available in distribution as well as in major retailers selling Orbi kits. Also pack of 3 (AC3000 RBK53 and AC2200 RBK43) are now available.

Message 9 of 13
Phandam
Apprentice

Well the Orbi website for NL says the Satellite (50) will be available soon. All the stores that sell Orbi as a set do not have any satellites, checked 5 of the major stores here. So maybe you have another method of confirming it is for sale here, please let me know where I can find it.
Message 10 of 13
danielmc
Aspirant

What would make that true is if you sent me a single link to an online store, in NL, with satellitle availability. There aren't any. 

Message 11 of 13
itonon
Aspirant

Message 12 of 13
Phandam
Apprentice

Wow.....I stand corrected.    I don't know how I didn't find that before.    Ordered already.    Thank you!!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7