Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Additional RBS50 Connectivity Issue

mgeorgy
Tutor

Additional RBS50 Connectivity Issue

I purchased the RBK50 + 2xRBS50 pacakge from Costco a couple of months ago.  I noticed a dead spot on the edge of the install area and decided to purchase an additional satellite (RBS50).  The RBS50 connected fine with the RBK50 and sporadically I am able to access the network from my devices.  Periodically, I notice that my devices can't access anything on my local network or the internet.  The timing on the connection drop is very inconsistent.  I can be sitting at my desk and surf the web one minute and not have any connectivity the next.  All the while my WiFi signal strength stays at the same level.

Things I've tried:

- Power cycle RBS50

- Factory Reset RBS50

- Power Cycle RBK50

- Factory Reset RBK50 and all RBS50s

- Replace RBS50

- Connected device via ethernet interface*

* I connected a laptop to the ethernet port on the RBS50.  When I noticed that my iPhone was connected to the satellite, but had no connectivity to the local network/internet, I checked my laptop.  To my surprise the laptop was able to access local and internet resources without any trouble.

All devices are currently running firmware V2.0.0.74.  All wireless settings features are enabled on the RBK50, including:

- Enable Daisy-Chain Topology

- Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices
- Enable MU-MIMO
- Enable Fast Roaming

For now, I've decided to power off the new satelite until I can resolve this issue.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

It could be a spacing issue with the new satellite may want to move the new one further away.

DarrenM 

Message 2 of 4
mgeorgy
Tutor

Thank you.  I finally resolved this by turning off all "advanced" features.  It's been a week and I have seen none of these issues.

Message 3 of 4
cue003
Apprentice

Have you tried turning off the additional features for beam forming, mimo etc etc?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7