Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin Pa

sconstancio1
Follower

Admin Pa

I did a factory reset, changed my password and now I need to reset my Admin PW. I typed in the Ser # and it had two security questions. I answered both and it tells me they are incorrect. Now how do I reset my admin PW????

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Admin Pa

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Admin Pa

@sconstancio1 wrote:

I did a factory reset, changed my password and now I need to reset my Admin PW. I typed in the Ser # and it had two security questions. I answered both and it tells me they are incorrect. Now how do I reset my admin PW????

During the factory reset, which password did you change?  It has been months since I last did one, but my memory is that the setup process (highly) encourages users to change the Administrative password from the default "password" to something more complicated.

(a) if you did NOT change the administrative password during setup, then it remains "password". (b) if you did change it, but have forgotten exactly how it is spelled, then it's time to get out the paperclip and do it again.

p.s. During the setup, users are encouraged to set up password recovery, but the process is not obvious.  There are drop down menus where users select questions and fill in answers.  It's not clear how this happens, but apparently many people glance at the questions and think, "ok, I can answer those questions", and somehow do not get their selections actually recorded.  9I think maybe the fill in the response box but do not actually activate the drop down menu and "make a selection.")  It is best to go very slowly when setting up password recovery and be very deliberate about which questions you want to select.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7