Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Admin login timeout

napochan
Guide

Admin login timeout

Is there any way to extend the login timeout?  It logs me out after several minutes.  Very frustrating.

Adding a configurable timeout would go a long way to improving usability.

Environment: Win 10 Pro, ORBI FW vers 2.1.4.10

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There maybe a timeout preset in FW due to security reasons. Its probably not editable. So you'll need to work or navigate around some to keep the timer from running out.

Message 2 of 4
napochan
Guide

Thanks FURRYe38.  I agree, it seems to be an embedded setting.  I'd just like the ability to configure the timeout value according to the maintenance tasks I have at hand.  

I installed the system (RBK40) two days ago and am still trying to understand how to setup for best performance in my house.  The frequent timeouts are a nuisance.

Another group in this community gave me an idea to keep the Advanced Home / Show Statistics monitor window open with a poll interval less than the login timeout.  That provides a workaround, but it's not intuitive for most users.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand. Well there are others that may not need to keep the admin page going as well. So I presume this is a fine balance with advanced users and the average home user as well.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7