Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adobe Walls in New Mexico

Mettaman
Aspirant

Adobe Walls in New Mexico

I live in a 2,000 sq. foot adobe wall home with 2 external studio spaces. One space (200 sq. ft.) s 25 yards from home the second (1000 sq. ft.) is 75 yards from home. Internet signal from Century Link is weak and slow. While I can't seem to get a better signal from Century Link I'd like to extend the signal I have to all living areas with as little degredation as possible. Not able to hardwire. Will Orbi work in this enviroment? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
st_shaw
Master

It's not likely to work well.  Too far away.  Adobe walls will probably block most of the WiFi signal as well.

If you want connectivity at the external studios, and you truly cannot run a wire, then your best option is a point-to-point wireless bridge between the buildings. Something like the Ubiquiti Nanobeam should work.

Message 2 of 3
Mettaman
Aspirant

Thanks for the point-to-point suggestion. I'm going to contact Ubiquiti and ask if they can recommend an installer in the Santa Fe area. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7