Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: After buying this piece of Junk called an Orbi will you ever buy anything from Netgear again?

Bstra001
Follower

After buying this piece of Junk called an Orbi will you ever buy anything from Netgear again?

Message 1 of 7
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

Re: After buying this piece of Junk called an Orbi will you ever buy anything from Netgear again?

Yep!

One persons garbage is another persons treasure.   I've owned the Orbi 50 and satelites for over a year and a half and have no problems.    Works just fine and yes, i also activated the Netgear Armor.

I don't use Disney Circle though, just OpenDNS.     Perhaps that's the pain point for some?

Message 2 of 7
tgltgl
Star

For sure I will purchase more Netgear in the future. I have had no problems with Orbi (50 router + 1 satellite) so far, and have already purchased the Netgear xfinity voice modem CM1150V which has been working great as well. I'm even been running Armor and have had good experience with that so far (to my surprise - I have not had great experience with those types of services in the past).

Message 3 of 7
BobDelp
Guide

My Orbi setup has been golden from the start. RBR50 + RBS50 + RBS50Y Outdoor.  WiFi coverage is now Excellent for outbuildings and pool deck...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 4 of 7
tagteam
Virtuoso

I set up my Orbi system (RBK53) back in September of 2017 and have not had one single glitch ever since; it's been virtually perfect with every, single firmware version in over a year and a half.

The issues with Orbi (and any other mesh WiFi system) can probably be reduced to (a) bad hardware (most likely uncommon), (b) bad environment (most likely extremely common), (c) bad firmware release (also common, but can happen with any manufacturer), (d) bad client(s) (probably also fairly common), and (e) user error (for which there are most likely no statistics).

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 7
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Orbi in a way is similar to American muscle cars.  When your muscle car works properly, you'll have a blast and be very happy to let your friends/neighbors/etc., know about your joyful experience.  However, when it breaks down, you start wondering why you didn't get a Honda Civic.  Smiley Happy

Yes, I'll buy again when next Black Friday comes around! 

Message 6 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bstra001

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please describe the issue you are facing with your Orbi System. We will surely be able to help you. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7