Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Airplay & Orbi Mesh Network

dwayneycl
Aspirant

Airplay & Orbi Mesh Network

Device

Orbi RBR40*1 / Orbi RBS40*1 / Orbi RBS50*1

My hompod(or any airplay device) is connected to RBS50, but my phone is connected to RBS40 showing that my phone cant not airplay to hompod, is there any that I can do?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Airplay & Orbi Mesh Network

What happens if you turn OFF The RBS50 and let the devices connect to the rest of the system...?

Message 2 of 5
dwayneycl
Aspirant

It's work but my tv will have no connection then.

Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@dwayneycl wrote:

Device

Orbi RBR40*1 / Orbi RBS40*1 / Orbi RBS50*1

My hompod(or any airplay device) is connected to RBS50, but my phone is connected to RBS40 showing that my phone cant not airplay to hompod, is there any that I can do?

Can you describe how you have your Satellites set up? If your phone is on the same subnet as your hompod, you should not be having this issues. Your satellites will all be on the same subnet as the router. So anything connected wired or wirelessly, will be pulling its IP address from the DHCP. Ping the IP address of the hompod and post your results.

I would check your network settings and WIFI settings on the phone and compare them to the hompod. 

Message 4 of 5
mith_it
Luminary

I use AirPlay no problem. Sounds like something is wrong in the satellites setup

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7