Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Alexa Echo Dot won't connect to Orbi WiFi

JenInFishers
Tutor

Alexa Echo Dot won't connect to Orbi WiFi

Just purchased Orbi Home Wifi AC300 Tri-Band RBR50 router plus one satellite and set it up last night fairly easily. I have verified that I have four computers, one tv, one Xbox, 3 iPhones, and one GE wall oven connected to the network. I bought Orbi on Amazon and they threw in an Echo Dot for free. I tried to set it up and it won't connect to the network. I have tried 10 times or so with the same error - Cannot Connect. I reset the router and have tried moving the Echo Dot closer and then further away from the satellite. 

I set up a guest network and tried to connect the Echo Dot to that. I still can't connect it. 

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JenInFishers
Tutor

UPDATE: It's been a couple of days since I set up the Orbi network. I tried to connect the Echo Dot again, just in case, and it worked like a champ. On the first try. My only guess is that Orbi finished doing some updates or something? But it's all fine now!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
rhester72
Virtuoso

Was the Dot ever connected to any other network besides Orbi?

Rodney

Message 2 of 4
JenInFishers
Tutor

No, it wasn't. It came new with the Orbi router. So first I set up the router and then got around to trying the Echo Dot. So maybe the Dot is defective? I can take it to someone else's house and test it there. I'll try that.

Message 3 of 4
JenInFishers
Tutor

UPDATE: It's been a couple of days since I set up the Orbi network. I tried to connect the Echo Dot again, just in case, and it worked like a champ. On the first try. My only guess is that Orbi finished doing some updates or something? But it's all fine now!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7