Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Alexa - Multiple routers found

Alexa - Multiple routers found

Hi,

If i activate the Skill and ask Alexa to activate my Guestnetwork, there is the following comment: "There are to many Routers found." - I only have Orbi in my house.

Any Ideas?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Alexa - Multiple routers found

Hello Theronin Hunter

Can you check the settings in Alexa see if it has multiple wifi connections saved?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8

Hi,

No single wifi network stored

Message 3 of 8

Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 8

hello? still waiting

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to check and see if orbi is the only device under your remote access on your account.

https://kb.netgear.com/000044611/How-to-unregister-remote-access-accounts-on-a-NETGEAR-router-INTERN...

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
Yner
Guide

I have the same problem. I went to the link you said, but there is no down arrow to select offline routers. When looking at the Alexa app I don't see a spot where I can see the wifi setting. I looked under settings. 

Please provide more steps to get rid of this error. I would like the ability for Alexa to turn on/off the guest wifi.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
Yner
Guide

OK, I'm an idiot and didn't quite follow the instructions for the link provided. I downloaded the genie app for the desktop. I then went into router settings. I then mistakenly logged in at "home." The correct way is to log in as "remote access." When I did this, the "offline" option did show up below. I deleted the old router I had. Alexa functionality is working now.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7