Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: All devices show connected to router in mobile app but not in PC

djkac
Tutor

All devices show connected to router in mobile app but not in PC

When I log in to the mobile app, it shows all the devices connected to the router and none to the two satallites. When I connect to the router from my PC, it shows devices are connected to the satallites. How do I fix that in the mobile app?

App iOS version 2.2.11.0

Orbi firmware version 2.2.1.210 on router and both RBS50 satallites.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
djkac
Tutor

Sorry for my late reply. I did go home to check this and found that Daisy Chain WAS off. I think a day or 2 later, there was an update pushed to iOS. Since then, it's been fine.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

If you go to the Network Map in the Orbi app and refresh that page by pulling it down, and then select the satellite from the map will you then see all devices correctly?

Message 2 of 9
djkac
Tutor

I pulled down on the Network Map and got the little refresh ring at the top. Once that updated, there was no change. The satallites say "No connected device found".

Message 3 of 9
ekhalil
Master

• Is this for wired devices or even wireless?
  • There is a similar issue in the Android app that I never saw for IOS app, where the app gets confused when the SSID name (or the satellites' names) has spaces. Can you please check this and test to change that to see if it's a similar issue.
Message 4 of 9
djkac
Tutor

Niether wired or even wirelss show in the list. All I see is text that reads "No Connected Devices Found". One satallite is wired, one is wireless.

I checked the satallite names. One is called "Basement" the other was called "2nd Floor". I changed the name to "2ndFloor" with no space then closed the app and relaunched it. No change. Still "No Connected Devices Found".

Message 5 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@djkac wrote:

....... One satallite is wired, one is wireless.

Please disable Daisy Chain in Advanced Wireless Settings.

Message 6 of 9
djkac
Tutor

I'll check this when I get home tonight. I can't seem to access that setting from the mobile app. I'm almost positive I have that off already. I'll confirm and get back. Thanks for chiming in!

Message 7 of 9
djkac
Tutor

Sorry for my late reply. I did go home to check this and found that Daisy Chain WAS off. I think a day or 2 later, there was an update pushed to iOS. Since then, it's been fine.

Message 8 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Great to know things are working fine now. Thanks for the update 🙂

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements