Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Already registered orbi

Blitz0309
Follower

Already registered orbi

More or less posting this as a "Jesus terrible support"...

Bought a refurb orbi.  Guess at no point do they remove an existing registration.  Figuired hell, open a support case get it taken care of pretty quickly.  Open a case, call... wait for 15 minutes being the second on the line.  Get transferred as "We aren't the Orbi department" despite explaining its a registration issue.. wait another 15+ minutes and get told that this all needs to be done via email.  Great customer service netgear.  For those who find this thread by searching... email their support with your information and wait.. if you care that much to register your product.  Calling will do nothing aside from waste your time.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

A Forum moderator should be able to help you with this

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Blitz0309

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
MerpleChicken
Aspirant

Netgear is the absolute worst
Walmart sold me something that was registered years before I purchased it. I have been getting the run around and basically netgear refuses to acknowledge that the product was sitting at a store not in use. They allowed me to register it under my account in April 2019 but their records show it sold and registered in 2017/2018.
So I spent all my money on a router they give no warranty and no support. Then their customer service are a JOKE and they won't help their users.
It's an absolute awful way to treat customers.
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Take it back to walmart and get another or contact NG support and they can fix the registration issue if you just bought a system that had been returned. It's not that hard to do. 

@Blanca_O 

@MerpleChicken wrote:
Netgear is the absolute worst
Walmart sold me something that was registered years before I purchased it. I have been getting the run around and basically netgear refuses to acknowledge that the product was sitting at a store not in use. They allowed me to register it under my account in April 2019 but their records show it sold and registered in 2017/2018.
So I spent all my money on a router they give no warranty and no support. Then their customer service are a JOKE and they won't help their users.
It's an absolute awful way to treat customers.

Message 5 of 7
MerpleChicken
Aspirant

I've tried that but I paid cash and the people who work at Walmart are border line retarded.
Netgear can do something about this but they are Jerk offs.

So I'll just never purchase their garbage again.
Customer service like this is a reason why companies die.

I'll send flowers when it's Netgear's turn.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck in your endeavours. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements