Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Am I experiencing firmware issues?

ykcharrier
Aspirant

Am I experiencing firmware issues?

I signed on this morning to find Security Certificate errors when opening my browser. I checked my internet connected and found limited connection. 

I have a RSR40 and (2) RBS49 satellites. Everything worked great last night.

Now when I check connected devices I find that the satellites are listed as a connected device not as a satellite. All three Orbi products are at V2.1.2.18.

I was running Disney Circle (Orbi) but have since deactivated it.

I can access cameras that are supposedly not connected but cannot access cameras that supposedly are. Some of my Amazon devices have/had internet connectivity; some don't. My laptop had a connection once in the last 5 hours but it didn't last long.

I use a Verison MiFi router that is functioning correctly.

All of my network devices have been rebooted. This have probably gotten worse with each reboot.

So ... is this the firmware problem that I'm reading about on the forum? How do I return to a firmware version that works?

Of course, I've had my Orbi more than 3 months so customer service isn't free.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Am I experiencing firmware issues?

Glad you got it figured out. 

Enjoy Now. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why are you using the Verison MiFi router?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 9
ykcharrier
Aspirant

I use the Verizon MiFi router because Verizon is my ISP.

Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OK....I assume it's a requirement.  Another example of ISP control mesaures.  Reading over the number of folks that have problems 'most'  are using the Orbi as a second router.  

If there is anyway you can ditch the Verizon router, I would do so and run your connection straight out of their modem.  But that's probaly not possible.  

Good luck

Message 4 of 9
ykcharrier
Aspirant

The MiFi is my modem.

Message 5 of 9
ykcharrier
Aspirant

I've now turned off the closest satellite forcing my laptop to connect to the Orbi router and have a connection. However, as soon as I turn the satellite back on, I lose my internet connection.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the Verizon modem have a DMZ by chance? If so, you might try putting the IP address the Orbi router gets into the modems DMZ. Disable ALL wifi radios on the ISPs modem. 

@ykcharrierwrote:

I signed on this morning to find Security Certificate errors when opening my browser. I checked my internet connected and found limited connection. 

I have a RSR40 and (2) RBS49 satellites. Everything worked great last night.

Now when I check connected devices I find that the satellites are listed as a connected device not as a satellite. All three Orbi products are at V2.1.2.18.

I was running Disney Circle (Orbi) but have since deactivated it.

I can access cameras that are supposedly not connected but cannot access cameras that supposedly are. Some of my Amazon devices have/had internet connectivity; some don't. My laptop had a connection once in the last 5 hours but it didn't last long.

I use a Verison MiFi router that is functioning correctly.

All of my network devices have been rebooted. This have probably gotten worse with each reboot.

So ... is this the firmware problem that I'm reading about on the forum? How do I return to a firmware version that works?

Of course, I've had my Orbi more than 3 months so customer service isn't free.

Message 7 of 9
ykcharrier
Aspirant

I've fixed this now by manualy updating the firmware in the router and both satellites.

Interestingly my son said that the security certificate errors I got this morning are the same he gets when he tries to get on the internet when Circle blocks him. My computer was set as unmonitored.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it figured out. 

Enjoy Now. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation