Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Am I getting the right speeds?

Mister786
Aspirant

Am I getting the right speeds?

Hi everyone. Hope you’re all well.

Recently I upgraded to Vodafone Gigafast Broadband 900mb. Unfortunately the Vodafone router doesn’t have a modem mode so what I did was switch off its WiFi, use it as a router and put my Orbi setup into AP mode. I have two satellites connected by Ethernet to the main Orbi RBR50.

The speed to the Orbi is coming in at a respectable 850mb as the speedtest from the Orbi app shows. However, when doing a Speedtest from devices ranging from iPhone 7 to iPhone 10 max to my laptop I’m getting speeds up to a maximum of 510mb. My question is, should I be getting faster WiFi speeds or is what I’m getting from those devices pretty much expected considering they’re mobile devices?

20/40Mhz Coexistence and Daisy Chain are disabled.
Implicit beam forming, MU MIMO and Faster Roaming all enabled.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Am I getting the right speeds?

Yes, those are acceptible rates. You will not see anything near 900Mpbs with those devices on a wireless connetion on AC. Most wireless devices top out at around 400-500Mpbs. Wired speeds, yes you should see near 900Mpbs. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, those are acceptible rates. You will not see anything near 900Mpbs with those devices on a wireless connetion on AC. Most wireless devices top out at around 400-500Mpbs. Wired speeds, yes you should see near 900Mpbs. 

Message 2 of 4
Mister786
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Yes wired speeds are around 850mbps so I guess things seem okay then.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Your fine.

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation