Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Amazon Cloud Cam not connecting

Creyesr
Aspirant

Amazon Cloud Cam not connecting

Hi, until recently, my 3 Amazon Cloud Cameras were working fine and after a power outage and modem/router restart, I can't connect them anymore. All other devices work perfectly. Amazon says my wifi needs to be 2.4 which I can see along the 5.0 when I connect to my router. Any ideas?

Modem: Netgear CM500

Router: Netgear Orbi RBR40 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG router product are you referencing? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 7
Creyesr
Aspirant

Thanks. I have an Netgear Orbi RBR40 and the modem is a Netgear CM500 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has the SSID name and PW been changed or have they remained the same? 

Have the cameras been powered OFF for 30 seconds then back on to see if they re-connect? 

You can try this to see if they can be re-connected to the system:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/orbi-20-cannot-connect-Swann-Camera/m-p/1822441/highlight/true...

Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Creyesr wrote:

Hi, until recently, my 3 Amazon Cloud Cameras were working fine and after a power outage and modem/router restart, I can't connect them anymore. All other devices work perfectly. Amazon says my wifi needs to be 2.4 which I can see along the 5.0 when I connect to my router. Any ideas?

Well, thank goodness this is not a plea to "turn off 5G", because they were working fine before the power outage.

While most electronic devices handle unexpected power loss well, it might be that these cameras somehow did not.  Surely there is a "reset to factory" method.  I would pick the camera that is the easiest to reach, reset, and reconfigure it.

I would also assign specific IP addresses to each camera using the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab->Setup->LAN Setup.  After a power outage and restart, the cameras could have received different IP addresses than they had before.  "Should this matter?"  No.  "Could this matter?" Who knows?

Message 5 of 7
Creyesr
Aspirant

Thanks, shall I uncheck "Enable SSID broadcast" only for the 2.4? 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

5Ghz SSID Broadcast.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements