Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Android Genie App and Orbi and Access Control

thedak
Apprentice

Android Genie App and Orbi and Access Control

Hi, have the lastest ORBI firmward and the latest Android Genie App but the access control toggle seems to do nothing.   Is this yet function for ORBI?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello thedak

You may need to log into the orbis web interface to make changes like this by going to www.orbilogin.com 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 15
AniDutta
Apprentice

DarrenM,
When is Netgear going to release an app that's functional? Look at what the competition ( Linksys) is offering for a similar priced product
Message 3 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Anidutta

We do have a orbi app but it does not have those advanced features built into it yet.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 15
AniDutta
Apprentice

DarrenM
That doesn't really respond to my question: when can we expect a functional app with advanced features? Your competitors are already offering the features in their apps.
Message 5 of 15
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

@DarrenM - It's been 5 months and the Genie app still does not support Wifi or Remote Access configuration.  But the online documentation only references setting those us via the genie app. And in my case, Remote Access appears not to work properly when set up via the WebUI.

If the app isn't full baked, Netgear shoudn't be pushing it as the preferred config tool.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 6 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello OrbiPhilip

The genie app does not fully support orbi but does work in some cases I know that more features are coming with the orbi app but I have no ETA on this. The best way to use orbi right now is with the web ui.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 15
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

@DarrenM  - Then why does all the documentation, including that posted here by admin ChristyT, indicate that we should use the Genie app? And were are the modified instructions telling us how to accomplish the same task in the WebUI?

Message 8 of 15
AniDutta
Apprentice

@DarrenM  I would hate to be in your shoes with all of us asking you questions or making comments!   But hey, we paid top dollar for the product that your company makes!  

It will be nice to know when we can expect a reliable working app.....i don't think people care if its the Genie or the Orbi app.  Just get us something that works.  The web UI isn't the best to interact with on smartphones, or maybe y'all spend some money and update the webUI.

Message 9 of 15
JMU1998
Luminary

Anyone else experiencing issue with Genie where in the Network Map the Link Rate for ALL devices shows "N/A" and Signal Strength 100% for ALL devices.  I have uninstalled the app, cleared cache, re-installed latest version same results. Was working fine before taking the latest firmware.  Can anyone check and confirm this and report back? 

Message 10 of 15
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Exactly the same here,

surprised that even wired devices have a signal strength of 100%

Message 11 of 15
JMU1998
Luminary

@DarrenM  any updates from Engineering about this on why now ALL devices show as WIRED and 100% and link rate of N/A in Orbi app network map for both iOS and Android Orbi App after latest firmware? 

Message 12 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will bring this up to them thanks JMU.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 15
JMU1998
Luminary

@DarrenM hi DarrenM any word on this as to when this will be fixed is Engineering even aware of the issues it can be created on demand on both iOS and Android Orbi App.

Message 14 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JMU1998

Yes they are aware of the issue I do not have a ETA.

DarrenM

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7