Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Android devices keep getting thrown off the Orbi WiFi

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Correction. I should have checked before posting that. It was doing it again tonight. Damn it. It did stop but now it's back.
Message 26 of 153
Vinterbird
Star

Issue seems to persist for me, and the router itself is now acting up. Came into the living room this morning and saw it was a solid magenta/purple and no idea why.

Message 27 of 153
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear support debugged my router last night and will be sending to the engineering team. We hopefully will have a fix soon.
Message 28 of 153
Random12
Apprentice

Any update killabandit?

This is happening to me as well. I have an android tv (Samsung smart tv) and if I have beamforming enabled, it stutters and can't stream my local DLNA movies. When I disable beam forming it works just fine.

Hope netgear is looking into it.

Message 29 of 153
Random12
Apprentice

Ok, based on what I've read in other threads, implicit beam forming can cause incompatibilities, this is because there is no official spec on it. probably best to leave this option off, these incompatibilities aren't netgear specific, other vendors would have similar problems.

Message 30 of 153
JMU1998
Luminary

After testing extensively all my devices both iOS and Android based I have personally concluded .16 is the most stable for now, I am personally sticking with that until a stable version is released 

Message 31 of 153
Streak2
Master

All of the IOS and Android devices in our home have been totally stable on the current as well as the last two firmware versions.

MU-MIMO and beam forming both enabled.

As mentioned before, our Orbi is plugged into an AT&T NVG599 gateway, the gateway handing out addresses in he 192.168 range and the Orbi in the 10.0 range.

Message 32 of 153
rseijen
Guide

Well I managed to pinpoint the problems to the sattelite device (as far as I can determine now). It seems that those devices (android) keep connecting and disconnecting from that device. The new firmware has not had any positive effect unfortunatly...

Message 33 of 153
JMU1998
Luminary

1.4.0.16 release for my situation and environment I found most stable thus far. Try going to 16 then do a factory reset and turn off beamforming and see if that helps for now until a more stable Firmware is released.

Message 34 of 153
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is a video of mine doing it on youtube. Is this the way you guys are seeing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIR66mBkJD8

Message 35 of 153
Vinterbird
Star

My issue has me loosing WiFi for a few seconds longer then that, but the issue is the same.

Message 36 of 153
rseijen
Guide

Same issue here but also a few seconds longer.
Message 37 of 153
Streak2
Master

For those of you having this problem, please try the following setting change

Settings, location, improve accuracy and turn off wi-fi off OR just set location to off

and then see if the problem continues.

Message 38 of 153
rseijen
Guide

No luck with that option. Just noticed that my chromecast does the same thing. Again on the sattelite.
Message 39 of 153
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Bumping this as I finally had to turn off wifi on my s7 edge because it was killing the battery constantly dropping like that.  I emailed netgear support as it's been a while now with no resolution to my case, to get with it and get this issue fixed.

Message 40 of 153
Streak2
Master

My S7 Edge and Galaxy Tab S2 still have no problem.

I know others with Android devices who also do not have an issue.

It appears to be a problem in only certain instances.

I also contacted Netgear about this offering engineering to see what's different about my installation to try and see how yours can be fixed.

Message 41 of 153
bgstewar
Guide

My wife and I are having the same problem with our Galaxy S7 phones. Disconnects and quickly reconnects. No fix for this?
Message 42 of 153
rseijen
Guide

Netgear, come on with a fix!!!
Message 43 of 153
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone 

We are aware of the issues with android and IOS devices and our engineers are working to fix these disconnect issues. I do not have a ETA on a fix or firmware release but as soon as I hear one I will post it.

DarrenM

Message 44 of 153
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Very glad to hear that.  I hope soon as I was about to purchase another brand of mesh wifi system.

Message 45 of 153
geekjimmy
Tutor

Any word on when this might be fixed? I just purchased a router/satellite set, and on v1.5.0.12 I'm having this issue.

Message 46 of 153
JMU1998
Luminary

New Firmware has not addressed any of these will there be a separate Firmware release to address random and frequent WIFI drops, speed inconsistencies, iOS device instability, DynDNS bug, WAN port showing down in AP mode, Access control page show devices blocked etc..

Message 47 of 153
bgstewar
Guide

Netgear has aknowledged an issue with Samsung Galaxy S7 phones, but has no fix for it.  😞

Message 48 of 153
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have given Netgear long enough to fix these issues.  3-4 months.  And still no fix.  Working with their support, it is a waste of time now.  I have packed my units up and going to Best Buy in hopes they give me credit since it was purchased in October, and I pick up the Eero mesh system as that has dropped to $399 now.  I need reliability and Orbi does not have it.

Message 49 of 153
bgstewar
Guide

Any progress? Happens constantly now and am ready to return if there's no fix coming. Others with S7's reporting same problems.
Message 50 of 153
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7