Re: Android phone LG V20 after update to Android version 7 (V10Q-HKG-XX) cannot show available WIFI

Chau98
Aspirant

Android phone LG V20 after update to Android version 7 (V10Q-HKG-XX) cannot show available WIFI

Bought Orbi yesterday, function very well for ALL my devices (labtops both Win10 and MacOS, handheld devices both Android and IOS). 

Latter, LG V20 android autoupdated to V10Q-HKG-XX.  Afterward, LG V20 cannot even show the available WIFI signal, while my other 3 android devices (ALL are LG phones) function well (can connect to new Orbi). When the V20 is placed outside the range of Orib, the devices's WIFI function works normally i.e. can search and connect to other WIFI signal.

In other words, the updated V20, when placed under the coverage of new Orbi, the WIFI literately "stuck" and turn "black screen" until I turn V20 WIFI function off. Can't roll back the V20 update.  

Asking for solution to reconnect my V20 to Orbi.   

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Chau98
Aspirant

Re: Android phone LG V20 after update to Android version 7 (V10Q-HKG-XX) cannot show available WIFI

Hi Darren, 

My V 20 did not update to android 8.0 version.  I had turned on the autoupdate so that the device update to current "troubled" version.  

Luckly enough, the problem I found was on weekend.  During the weekdays,  I travelled to work, as usual, and connected to different Wifi on the way.  On last Wednesday, I backed from work without switching off my WIFI of V20.  My connection to home's Orbi has become normal without any further effort.  

Thank you Darren.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did the V20 update to a android 8.0 version?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Chau98
Aspirant

Hi Darren, 

My V 20 did not update to android 8.0 version.  I had turned on the autoupdate so that the device update to current "troubled" version.  

Luckly enough, the problem I found was on weekend.  During the weekdays,  I travelled to work, as usual, and connected to different Wifi on the way.  On last Wednesday, I backed from work without switching off my WIFI of V20.  My connection to home's Orbi has become normal without any further effort.  

Thank you Darren.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E