Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Announcing availability of OrbiOS 2.1

Hydro130
Luminary

@JMU1998 wrote:

Does this Firmware include the fix for the hack that came with the .76 patch? Or we have to apply patch after upgrading Firmware? 

Answer in release notes:

https://kb.netgear.com/000052784/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-1-1-12

Message 26 of 180
coolva
Aspirant

Anyone else experiencing very slow ethernet backhaul connections?  I can only get ~50mbps when connected to the satellite...

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 27 of 180
plemans
Guru

No problem hitting 300 Mbps here. I can try iperf later
Message 28 of 180
woolyninja
Aspirant

I had the same issue with no devices being shown so I unplugged the main and satellite... plugged in the main, waited a minute then plugged in the satellite. Devices now showing up as expected

Message 29 of 180
mastervisa30
Luminary

Now i got the same problem,no devices being shown.

I Have tried unplugged the main and satellites and plugged in the main waited a minute then plugged in the satellites.

No devices being shown on my app,web browser.

This has never happend before this new firmware realese.

Message 30 of 180
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@mastervisa30 wrote:

Now i got the same problem,no devices being shown.

I Have tried unplugged the main and satellites and plugged in the main waited a minute then plugged in the satellites.

No devices being shown on my app,web browser.

This has never happend before this new firmware realese.

Reported here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Defect-OrbiOS-2-1-1-12-Attached-Devices-Widget-amp-Page/m-p/14...

Message 31 of 180
cyberprashant
Luminary

sweet - this was the one feature that was missing (Ethernet Backhaul).  Now I have to figure out how to wire some ethernet thru the walls lol

Message 32 of 180
toflo
Tutor

I did not do a factory reset, but everything seems to work fine anyway 🙂

Message 33 of 180
Tgterm
Guide

Updated two sats and the router...no issues.  All connected devices appearing as expected. 

Now, just hoping for a little more stability in my life...and my wifi.  Hopefully, the vanishing wifi issue vanishes.

Message 34 of 180
Tgterm
Guide

...oh, and I did not do a factory reset during the process.

Message 35 of 180
rce3
Guide

Does the new ethernet backhaul feature work in both router and AP mode?

-robert

Message 36 of 180
MrX911
Apprentice

Well I just had my first drop out on 2.1

It did last almost 48 hours but although all devices and 2 Sats were showing, only router was connected to the Internet. This was despite Sats showing a status of “good” connection.

Resetting Sats didn’t work. Resetting router and sats then restored everything.

Will see how long it lasts this time. 

Message 37 of 180
Sisyphus13
Aspirant

All is working well with update to 2.1 firmware.  Manually updated satellite and then router with no problems or issues. All setting maintained with update as well. Satellite is wireless 5GHz. Ten connected devices working and showing correctly as wired (one wired connection) or wireless, most on 5GHz wireless, with the exception of two devices that have only 2.4 GHz.  

Message 38 of 180
lewgar
Initiate

Upgraded the RBK50 to 2.1.1.12 as per support advice, multiple disconnects on WIfi, had the system a week.  Now getting download speeds no higer than 30MB, service is 200MB.  Tested against modem direct, getting 200MB down.  This might stablize the wifi, we will see, but not at the expense of the download speed.  Seems like others are seeing this same issue.  I did reset the router and reconfigured from scratch, shouldn't ahve to do that, no change.  How to fix this?

Message 39 of 180
BarryTreg
Apprentice

Re Ethernet Backhaul

I wired up my one satellite for ethernet backhaul. It shone blue, but not sign of it in the attached devices page

Powered everything off and on again, but no difference.

Then just powered off satellite and it showed up again in attached devices, but as disconnected.

Are there any other settings to be aware of? (Does daisy chain need to be on?)

thanks

Message 40 of 180
BarryTreg
Apprentice

Also, in addition to above, the satellite is shiwing up as an attached device, just not as an attached satellite.

Message 41 of 180
lounge11
Guide

Experiencing poor performance after the 2.1 upgrade. Both wired and wireless are 15-20Mbps when directly connected to the router (not satellite). Use to get between 80-90Mbps. Put an older outer back in for testing and speeds were 80-90Mbps.

Pretty sure it is firmware related. Might go back to 2.0.X.

Message 42 of 180
plemans
Guru

Did you try a reboot? I had performance issues and did a reboot and it resolved them for a day. The performance issues came back after 12-24 hours so I ended up using a different router for now, so I'm just curious if it got any better after a hard reboot. 

Message 43 of 180
MrX911
Apprentice

Having to do a daily reboot

Message 44 of 180
coolva
Aspirant

Okay, someone help me out with this...

Ever since the update and using ethernet backhaul, my laptop was getting ~40Mbps up/down when connected within about 10 ft of the satellite (have 100/100 service)

I rebooted the satellite and now get ~80/90 on my laptop.  Strange thing is, my phone, connected to the same satellite at the same time at the same distance will get 102/125 Mbps... both before and after rebooting...

When I used the dsl reports speed test, it said my bufferbloat was up to 2000ms (way bad) especially on the upload...  Any suggestions???

Message 45 of 180
craigejackson
Aspirant

Thanks I'll give that a try for the Parental Controls.

Message 46 of 180
dpaugro
Tutor

Running OrbiOS 2.1 on RBR40 and RBW30 (RBK33 bundle). I have restarted the router on two occassions since updating to 2.1, and tonight I re-synced the satellites trying to get both to appear on the Admin page. The Orbi iOS app reportes two satellites while the Admin page says one of them is disconnected. I can ping 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3.

I have enabled both Circle and daisy-chain topology. The Circle profile is rather large, with profiles by device rather than by family member.

I have not noticed the router making any noise indicating CPU spin-up, but I am not monitoring it closely. Does the Admin page offer CPU monitoring?

[Update: CPU of my router has been hovering around 15% recently, while the satellites have been running around 20%]

Message 47 of 180
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Oh, man, one step forward two steps back. anyone reading this I would advice against upgrading to this firmware as I cannot get the satellites to show me that they are connecting to any devices. Instead, every device shows as connected to the router. Definitely a bug and there are reports from other people that it's not just the display but that the satellites just dont work correctly with this firmware.

Message 48 of 180
mastervisa30
Luminary

that's the same problem here, going back to 76 beta later today that worked perfectly for me just wanted to test the last firmware a little. but a bit frustrating and not seeing all devices and everyone is connected to router,there is i Big bug here.

Message 49 of 180
Spadde
Guide

Our devices are connected to Router and Satellite 1 depending the location in the house. So just saying that this firmware does not block this entirely because it's working correcly in our house. Only downside I noticed is that most of the devices are shown as Unknown but sometimes they have their names on the list. But main point is that network is fast enough, it's rock solid (and both router and satellite connection works as should). So this kind of experience here about this firmware.

Message 50 of 180
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7