Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another .210 fail today

Another .210 fail today

After running well for a while today the router decided to block a subset of my devices from the internet. All had access to the router but no further. All wired, some via a tp link dumb switch, some direct into the router.

At the same time it enabled the guest network, unprotected.

Reboot made no difference. GUI shows no devices blocked. But shows the affected devices as not connected whereas the devices themselves have been given an IP address but blocked from the outside world.

I will not be paying Netgear to make them aware so reporting here in case anyone reads the posts.

Factory reset has resolved (why does every change during setup take so agonisingly long?).

To the furry one, please don’t paste here - the modem I use isn’t relevant - this is a solid bug (actually 2).
Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Another .210 fail today

Possible that this bug maybe only on your system since nobody else has reported it. Could be something on your system that could be causing what your experiencing. Hard say. 

After setting up the router and you have it fully working again, do a save configuration to file and keep this file for safe keeping next time you have to do a factory reset. This will help avoid the long setup after a reset. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7