Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another KEEP ME SIGNED IN post

gr8sho
Virtuoso

Another KEEP ME SIGNED IN post

This thread can and should be moved to a better place but there’s no obvious category.
On all my devices I am forced to login every time I open browser or wake up session. iOS, Windows, Android. Only happens on Netgear community forum.
It’s getting old fast.
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Another KEEP ME SIGNED IN post

Been like that. 

Message 2 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@gr8sho wrote:
This thread can and should be moved to a better place but there’s no obvious category.
On all my devices I am forced to login every time I open browser or wake up session. iOS, Windows, Android. Only happens on Netgear community forum.

Yes, same here, this started happening recently, 2-3 weeks ago, was never like that.

Message 3 of 10
Joboo7777
Apprentice

have the same issue. very annoying. Only site I visit that does this.

Message 4 of 10
Joboo7777
Apprentice

I just chatted with a netgear support analyst. they suggested I send an email to customer.service@netgear.com. I would suggest erveryone having this issue do the same.

Message 5 of 10
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Mind blowing. I’m speechless.
Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I use a browser that saves my PW so it's just one click to get in. 

Message 7 of 10
Joboo7777
Apprentice

Yup thats a great workaround. But does not address root cause. Below is the root cause

</div>
<div class="form-element validate required validPassword">
<input name="password" type="password" id="password" class="form-control" autocomplete="off" placeholder="Password" />
<span class="error required">Required</span>
<span class="error validPassword">You must enter a valid password.</span>

Message 8 of 10
gr8sho
Virtuoso

I can’t tell if they’re trying to be clever in the name of security or it’s something else. This is not a place that warrants such measures.
However, if password managers work just a little bit better, they can automate getting through the authentication challenge a bit quicker. I will not allow browsers to have my passwords. To get in here i have to unlock my password manager so it’s more than one step. Other websites only force the challenge when a different network connection is detected. Just sayin’.
Message 9 of 10
Joboo7777
Apprentice

To be honest, I think the configuration is by design. The only error in configuration is the appearance of the save password box on the page. They will eventual “fix the glitch” by removing that.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7