Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any one having problems turning on and off guest WiFi?

Damien2818
Follower

Any one having problems turning on and off guest WiFi?

Since Jan 31 last update I can not turn on or off guest WiFi I have my Orbi as a bridge system with an existing System so I put my kids on the guest WiFi so I can turn on and off WiFi as needed but since update I can no longer do so anyone have the same problems or know of a fix for it. Everything else is working fine

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Any one having problems turning on and off guest WiFi?

"bridge" is not one of the terms ordinarily used to describe the Orbi.  Mostly, people speak of "router mode" or "access point" mode.

Both modes support Guest WiFi networks.

What method do you use to enable/disable Guest WiFi (Orbi web interface or Orbi "app")?

What firmware is on the Orbi at this time?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Damien2818 wrote:

Since Jan 31 last update I can not turn on or off guest WiFi I have my Orbi as a bridge system with an existing System so I put my kids on the guest WiFi so I can turn on and off WiFi as needed but since update I can no longer do so anyone have the same problems or know of a fix for it. Everything else is working fine

Message 3 of 4

@CrimpOn wrote:

"bridge" is not one of the terms ordinarily used to describe the Orbi. 

Bang on there. Bridge is a horribly confusing label.

To help to narrow down what we are talking about here, these are just two uses of the bridge label:

• using a modem/router as a modem only device, bypassing the router bit.
  • "wifi bridge", using two routers to talk to each other using wireless to bridge the gap between them.

What are we talking about here?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7