Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone experiencing RFI from ORBI RBR50 router interfering with nearby speaker system?

rfkemper
Follower

Anyone experiencing RFI from ORBI RBR50 router interfering with nearby speaker system?

I have been using a small receiver wired to my PC speaker output for my PC sound system.  The little receiver recently stopped working.  I dug out an old but never used Altec Lansing self-powered 2.1 system and installed it on and under my desk.  My Orbi router/mother unit sits in the middle of my desk with the left and right speakers of my sound system about two feet away on either side.  As soon as I powered the sound system on, it started making kind of a motorboating noise.  I unplugged everything nearby until I found what was generating the noise (RFI), it was my Orbi RBR50 Router.  I installed some small ferrite chokes on the speaker wires and the noise was diminished but not stopped.  It appears I may have to move my ORBI to an inconvenient location to stop the interference.  Has anyone experienced RFI from their ORBI equipment?  Any suggestions?  Thank you rfkemper

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Anyone experiencing RFI from ORBI RBR50 router interfering with nearby speaker system?

I've seen it with my setup before. An almost clicking coming from the speakers. And its the same altec lansing system. 

I simply moved my satellite to a different circuit. It didn't happen on any of my other speaker setups 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7