Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone use satalites with haulback to extend the SSID or network (not expecting MESH accoss them)

youngr1
Aspirant

Anyone use satalites with haulback to extend the SSID or network (not expecting MESH accoss them)

Not sure why the RBK43-100NAR does not show up in the list so had to take the RBK53.

Anyway I want to use the router and 2 satellites in my home and then I have 2 out buildings in my properties that I have hardwired back to the house. My question is can I add a 3rd and 4th to those buildings adding via backhaul over hardwire to extend the wife hot spots? I know i can not MESH across them with a device handoff but just one one SSID and one network schema. Right now I have internet access in each outer building but on a diff ssid and diff subnet and want to clean this up. So in the end I would have 5 (one router and 4 satellites) then not sure if I can use the last router as a satellite as well. (Would get 2 kits).

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Anyone use satalites with haulback to extend the SSID or network (not expecting MESH accoss them

Yes you can add additional RBS satellites via ethernet back haul. 

RBRs can't work as satellites, only in AP mode or router mode. 

Be sure that Daisy Chain is disabled. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 6
youngr1
Aspirant

Re: Anyone use satalites with haulback to extend the SSID or network (not expecting MESH accoss them

And in this mode the SSID would be the same and maintiain the same network schema?

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes.  One network.  One router doing DHCP.

Message 4 of 6
youngr1
Aspirant

Thanks! Not sure if you saw my other questions. I would order 2 kits so would end up with 2 routers. I assume I could set the extra router as an access point? Also if I put to satiates in the same building not in the same one as the main one would work in MESH as the main site would?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes would use the same SSID.

You can use the extra RBR as an AP...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7