Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone using RBW30 with RBK50 Successfully?

Ulairi
Luminary

Anyone using RBW30 with RBK50 Successfully?

Per this thread, I am unable to get my RBW30 Wall Satellite to work with the RBK50 kit (RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite).  It works okay for about three days, then starts causing disconnects.  Powering off the RBW30 immediately fixes the disconnections. Per that linked thread above, I've had this problem endure through 3 different firmware versions and a factory reset. 

I've now left the wall plug satellite switched off for a week and the RBK50 system has been rock solid. 

Has anybody been able to sucessfully pair the RBW30 with the RBK50 kit? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 10
angr
Star

Re: Anyone using RBW30 with RBK50 Successfully?

Also have a RBW30 in my setup, and it's also whats been causing me most grief.

It's been wastly improved however since the new BETA, but I've notice that it has twize over the past 1,5 weeks dropped down to 2,4Ghz without any obvious reason (I actually have this Sat closest to the RBK50 router). A power cycle fixes it. 

Message 2 of 10
Ulairi
Luminary

@angr wrote:

It's been vastly improved however since the new BETA, but I've notice that it has twice over the past 1.5 weeks dropped down to 2.4Ghz without any obvious reason (I actually have this Sat closest to the RBK50 router). A power cycle fixes it. 

Thanks for responding.  It sounds like your situation is different. Rather than disconnects, I presume that your RBW30 was still staying connected, even when it dropped to 2.4GHz?

According to the admin page, I have never been able to get my RBW30 Wall Plug Satellite to connect to the 5GHz backhaul channel.  It doesn't matter whether the wall plug satellite is in the same room as the router, the next adjacent room, or a few rooms away, it consistently reports as being connected via the 2.4GHz channel for the backhaul.  The latest firmware reports the connection as 'good' when nearby, but in the location where I actually want to use it (which is only one room over and on a lower floor with light timber framing between), it reports backhaul connection as 'poor'.  My RBS50 satellite report 'good' connection from that same location.

The disconnects occur no matter which location the RBW30 wall plug satellite is in.

Also, my wall plug satellite has weird connection behaviour.  With all the testing and changes in location, I've been turning the RBW30 off from the power a lot. When I first switch it on again each time, the RBW30 ring light goes solid white and stays on. I have to manually re-synch the router and satellite to get the RBW30's white indicator light to go out. 

I'm being to suspect a hardware fault in my unit, but its interesting that you're the only one person who has responded about using a RBW30 with RBR50 and you are also having glitches, albeit different ones. The stability problems with this satellite don't make any sense because they must surely be compatible - the RBK52 is a kit that specifically has 2 of these wall plugs along with the RBR50 router????? 

Does anyone have sucessful connection of a RBW30 Wall plug satellite to the RBR50 router?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 3 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ulairi

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 10
Ulairi
Luminary

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello Ulairi

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Hi - I sent a PM back a few days ago  - but have heard nothing further???

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 5 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ulairi

I will send you info over to support over again. sorry about that.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 10
xlerate
Guide

Why do the mods solve these issues through PM?

Is not the point of the community (in absense of actual support) supposed to be information sharing?

If there was a resolution to this issue, can it be shared?

FWIW: I am having the same issue with RBK50 + RBW30 Sattelites. Works fine, then repeated disconnects. Not sure of AC2200 is slowing the AC3000 or just device compatibility.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 7 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello xlerate

Are you using firmware version 2.1.4.16?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 10
Ulairi
Luminary

@xlerate wrote:

Why do the mods solve these issues through PM?

Is not the point of the community (in absense of actual support) supposed to be information sharing?

If there was a resolution to this issue, can it be shared?

FWIW: I am having the same issue with RBK50 + RBW30 Sattelites. Works fine, then repeated disconnects. Not sure of AC2200 is slowing the AC3000 or just device compatibility.

Actually - my issues withthe RBW30 have not been solved at all.  I have been unable to advance this for almost three weeks because netgear have changed their support website and it's been impossible to contact them. Full details in ths thread : Link

Message 9 of 10
xlerate
Guide

Yes, 2.1.4.16.

This is what kills me about Netgear and all the rave reviews about how Orbi is the fastest router (possibly true) but no mention of the continious random reboot and how they remain mum on the topic for which their support forum is littered with these complaints.

My RBK50 reboots no less than 5-6 times a day and the logs... a joke of no relevant information as to a cause.

We all spents hundreds of dollars for this system and yet, are left to get the most useless phone support which consists of suggesting rebooting,factory resetting, and firmware updates or downgrading (whichever is opposite of your current status). Aside from that, we are left here to try and resolve issues on our own with speculation and experiences while mods pop-in once in a while to parrot the support.

I am a Sys Admin and still cannot pinpoint the cause of the issue after removing device by device trying to isolate the cause.

I will never suggest Orbi to family/friends and put them through this.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7