Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

App and online saying my devices are offline

Bailey12
Initiate

App and online saying my devices are offline

Purchased few weeks ago.   Was quite happy until yesterday.  Low signal.  Router is approx 25 feet from my computer in a de-tached building. Orbi router is  the main residence (near a window facing the detatched building) 20 feet from a satelite in the window of the detatched building (window is on the same side as the main residence/router).   IN addition,  my iphone app indicates INTERNET:  online   SATELLITES: 2     which is accurate,    when I try to run a speed test it indicates "connection failed",  if the problem persists, try rebooting your router"     Ive done this several times with no success.   

Quickly becoming disenchanted with this expensive wifi system.

In additon,  this support site is impossible to navigate.  Apparently Netgear doesnt want to provide direct support....merely keep steering to the Netgear Community

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: App and online saying my devices are offline

What FW version is currently on the system?

What channels are you using? Try manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz. Check your surroundings for neighbors. How many are there?

What kind of building materials are these two?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/WiFi-Range/td-p/1548211/jump-to/first-unread-message

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7