Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

App login fails on a new phone

RFroggett
Aspirant

App login fails on a new phone

I broke the screen on my old phone and I'm trying to set up the app on my new phone.

My old phone runs but I can't see the screen.

When I try to log into the app on my new phone, nothing happens. The login button brings up a circling action for a few seconds then it goes back to saying Log in.

I was getting an audible notification on my old phone, but after a password reset that no longer happens.

But the new phone still wont log in.

I am connected to the router network.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: App login fails on a new phone

Use a Web browser and access http://orbilogin.net/ while connected to the same (W)LAN. Ensure password is working, or run over a password lost process in case. Otherwise it's to easy to get lost in the dark.

New phone is similar platform,e.g. Android or iOS? 

Message 2 of 5
RFroggett
Aspirant

Both phones are android

orbilogin.net and http://www.routerlogin.com both work but they use the admin account and password for the router.

The app asks for my netgear login instead though. 
And thats correct as I can login on my PC and I am using the same lastpass supplied value on the phone and PC.

Not to mention the confirmation alert I was hearing on my old phone before I changed the password.

So the password is working but there's some sort of 2 factor identification going on that I can't access on my new phone without being signed in already.

Message 3 of 5
RFroggett
Aspirant

Bump - still can't log in to the phone app.

The netgear password is correct but some sort of 2 factor authenticationis preventing me from logging in.

If anybody knows how to turn that 2 factor auth off please let me know because I can't find anything on the netgear site.

Message 4 of 5
mleighb
Aspirant

Re: App admin login fails on a new phone

I had have the orbi app on my iphone for a few months. I have "face-id" login as the admin. I do have an email and login password for netgear but that isn't the admin password. The odd thing is my husband wanted the admin password on his phone so originally I thought the netgear pw was the same thing, gave it to him and it worked. But now, I want to use the orbi app on my new upgraded iphone. It will not let me get past the admin login screen and says PW incorrect. Should I start over and let the app on new phone "add new orbi"? I'm not sure what to do.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7