Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apple Airport Time Capsule

Crazybear
Follower

Apple Airport Time Capsule

I was looking for some thoughts on my configuration. I am running my Airport Time Capsule from my modem via Ethernet at the back of my two story home (2300 square ft). Then I have ran an Ethernet cable from the back of the house around to the front. I ethernetted in the RBR40 router in and I am getting north of my 300mb download speed on Wifi in that room. I have put the RBR40 satellite upstairs in the room directly above the RBR router and I am getting 300mb download from that as well. Ok, so here is the rub. I keep getting a dropped signal on the upper floor every once in awhile on my IPhone while next to the satellite. My xbox which is ethernetted into the satellite has no problems with signal though and gets close to the 300mb regularly. Is it a problem that I have left the Wifi on the Time capsule? Are there competing signals? I figured since the Airport was at the back of the house it would matter and I could still get my back ups and be able to Ethernet back there. I think this setup is great and I can Ethernet in from the back and front of the house and get fast Wifi upstairs. Sorry for the length I just wanted to be thorough. FYI, I have nest cams outside and they get better signal now with this setup, so maybe it is just my phone. Leaving the Time Capsule WiFi on is my main question here, please let me know how you have yours set up. Have a great day everyone. The site wouldn’t let me change my system it is the AC2200 RBK40 4,000sq ft. Coverage

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Apple Airport Time Capsule

You may want to try and enable mumimo and Beamforming if they are not already enabled this may help the Iphone.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: Apple Airport Time Capsule

I would turn off the Time Capsule WiFi. Also, try having the iPhone forget the Orbi WiFi network, then rejoin.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7