Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apple devices still using default Orbi wifi password

Fletch1027
Aspirant

Apple devices still using default Orbi wifi password

Just installed a new Orbi RBK30 system using the iphone app and everything seemed to work well. However at the last step I changed the default SSID network name and password away from the one that came with it. After it was done rebooting and coming up, my other non-apple devices all were able to log in as expected EXCEPT for any Apple devices (iphone, ipad, macbook, etc). These all say that the password I set was wrong, however they are able to connect to wifi when I use the new SSID name I set and the OLD password that came with the Orbi. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Apple devices still using default Orbi wifi password

Forget the network ON the iphones. Then have them reconnect to the network then you'll get a new PW entry that you can type in. 

Message 2 of 4
Fletch1027
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and still have the same issue. I also updated the Orbi FW in case it was a bug on that side as well as deleting the wifi network out of the icloud keychain crap, but still bo dice. I've now noticed the problem also extends to my Amazon Echo Show device as well, so maybe it's not an Apple problem after all...

It's not a solution, but I got frustrated enough that I set the "official" password on the Orbi back to the default one. It was odd enough that I am assuming that each Orbi has a different one. Is that correct?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The Satellites will acquired and use the same PW as the Orbi router. 

Seems that the devcies are not forgetting the PW or something is wrong with the PW. 

How complex is this PW. I would do this. Forget the network on ALL devices then reboot them. Then set up a simple all numbers PW, say 123456789 on the router. Save settings and reboot the router. Turn off the Satellites for now. 

Test with just one iphone for now. See if it will reconnect to the router using the new PW. If it does, do another forget network on the phone and go back in and set up your normal PW or give a new one. Save settings then reboot the router. Try the iphone again. 

If the iphone connects with the new PW, then set up the Satellite, I would factory reset the satellite and set up from scratch. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7