Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Are you going to compensate us for this non-availability of service? ? ( ORBI disconnections)

Julienpg
Star

Are you going to compensate us for this non-availability of service? ? ( ORBI disconnections)

Hello,

I bought an Orbi in the summer of 2017. (package 1 routeur / 1 satellite)

until October 2017, I didn't have problems.

But I made an update  (my biggest error !) and since I have disconnections. (currently i have 2.1.2.18 firmware) 

I am no longer able to listen to music (Sonos) or watch Netflix. It has been 3 months now.

I do not know what to do !

I understand the issue is with the Google product, If  your product is not compatible with google products said it on the box.

Are you going to compensate us for this non-availability of service? ? 

My job is to advise people for technological products. I am not in a position to recommend you product ...

I am really disappointed because I find your product really interesting and well positioned

Thank you 

Julien 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Are you going to compensate us for this non-availability of service? ? ( ORBI disconnections)

The google issue has nothing to do with the device not being compatible you can read about it here.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-home-chromecast-wifi-fix,news-26465.html

As for the disconnects have you tried to adjust the wireless channel?

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

Also you may want to try and enable MUMIMO and beamforming in the Advanced wireless settings. Also since you have 1 satellite make sure daisy chaining is disabled.

Message 2 of 4
Julienpg
Star

Hello,

during the last two weeks now I've only had two reboot
I think everything is back to normal, with the latest Google and Netgear updates
the issue was during October to mid-January
Thank you

Message 3 of 4
OrbiDemigod
Apprentice

I want my money back. This Orbi AC3000 is not anything to me at this point with random reboots all day long.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7